The ideal candidate we are seeking to employ:
We are seeking a creative and ambitious candidate for a clothing designer position based in Bogotá, Colombia. A competent knowledge of fabrics and materials and an excellent design portfolio are essential for this role.
The ideal candidate should have a secure experience working with print and graphics for apparel.
The ideal candidate must be passionate by the craft and have a creative flair, besides having the ability to work effectively as part of the staff and independently in a competitive environment.
A general and brief overview of our company and aims:
Founded in 2010, our company is one of the leading suppliers of alternative’s wholesale clothing in Colombia. Since then, it has flourished and became one of the foremost wholesalers, providing unique quality clothing.
The company’s clientele base is made up of fashion-forward companies, including independent clothing retailers and major high street fashion stores, in Colombia and internationally.
Our company aims to provide exceptional clothing for alternative subcultures and offer professional career advice for skilled designers.
By recruiting designers for employment, this assists in the development of expanding our brand and meet the increasing demand in the marketplace, at a worldwide scale.
Unique opportunities, certifications, and educational programs:
If working on-site, our company offers a generous workspace with internet access, free healthy meals and beverages.
It is the genuine expertise, strength and devotion of our spirits that make of the company representation of who we are. Across our diversified line of interests, we have some of the sharpest and most skilful people in media and beyond: award-winning developers, cutting edge e-commercial staffers, industry-leading multimedia talents and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many company events, groups and forums to get involved, besides social hours for coffee with cookies and reading leisure in a delightful work culture.
Most importantly, we do not enforce any specific dress code.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Focused at the alternative level, designing and targeting on-trend ranges for the 18-30-year-old market.
- Ability to use fashion knowledge and research to keep up to date with the latest alternative trends.
- Research consumer markets, monitoring trends and identifying potential areas for exploitation.
- Interpreting trends and translating them to the customer profile in a commercial way.
- Ability to use creative skills to compose exciting and unique designs for production.
- Ability to work closely with the design staff with trend, colour, shape, graphic and fabric direction.
- Ability to work with producers and project managers to successfully deliver strong creative.
- Ability to work with photographers, illustrators, and other designers.
- Assist the design staff in creating production-ready files for collection clothing (e.g. sizes, fabrics, etcetera).
- Sourcing and carefully selecting frabrics other material suppliers.
- Ability to produce samples to communicate your ideas to the manufacturing staff effectively.
- Ensure designs are completed accurately by effectively collaborating with manufacturers.
- Ensure excellent standards of garments and clothing are maintained.
- Ability to work closely with local factories and building up good relationships.
- Processing samples as they come into the office.
- Develop meaningful relationships and a deep understanding of the needs of existing customers.
- Handle customer queries and complaints in a professional, orderly manner.
- Deliver excellent customer support at all times.
- Follow all company regulations and policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be, and have:
- A degree in Fashion Design, Design or a related discipline.
- An excellent company and product knowledge.
- Exceptional understanding of campaign development and execution.
- Experience previously working on alternative clothing.
- An attractive portfolio showcasing previous works.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, working from initial design ideas through to completion.
- Strong coordination and communication skills, internally and externally.
- Highly creative with a good eye for emerging trends.
- A strong interest in alternative fashion, styles and trend forecasting.
- Creative flair to produce exciting and original concepts.
- Good working knowledge of fabric and materials.
- Be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Passionate with a can-do attitude.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ambitious and driven within the fashion industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
Our respect for diversity and inclusion:
We value and respect all differences in all people at our company. We strive to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future.
At our company, many of our staff work flexibly, and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.