The ideal candidate we are seeking to employ:
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic WordPress developer to join our staff based in Bogotá, Colombia.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing network sites and user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
Strong creative and design sense, ability to work efficiently with the staff, and ability to communicate directly to the DevOps are key factors.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for WordPress and stay current in modern technologies.
A general and brief overview of our company and aims:
Founded in 2010, our company is one of the leading publishers of alternative lifestyles in Colombia. Since then, it has flourished and became one of the foremost merchants, providing quality products and has expanded at a technological level from a single site to a mega-network with many subsites, and sub-networks.
By recruiting developers, this will assist us in the development and expansion of the company’s virtual presence, by implementing new features, creating new applications and consolidate sub-networks and sites with a better performance.
Unique opportunities, certifications, and educational programs:
If working on-site, our company offers a generous workspace with internet access, free healthy meals and beverages.
It is the genuine expertise, strength and devotion of our spirits that make of the company representation of who we are. Across our diversified line of interests, we have some of the sharpest and most skilful people in media and beyond: award-winning developers, cutting edge e-commercial staffers, industry-leading multimedia talents and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many company events, groups and forums to get involved, besides social hours for coffee with cookies and reading leisure in a delightful work culture.
Most importantly, we do not enforce any specific dress code.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain core, theme and plugins updates in a multisite environment.
- Fixing bugs, troubleshooting performance and security problems in a multisite environment.
- Building scalable and configurable plugins and solutions in a multisite environment.
- Building technical integrations with enterprise systems in a multisite environment.
- Develop and strategise automation and procedural improvements in a multisite environment.
- Coordinate to establish standardisation of elements for sites in a multisite environment.
- Ensure patterns for scalability, maintainability and performance are developed.
- Collaborate with development staff and contribute to new theme, plugin and frontend features.
- Make suggestions regarding improvements to multisite environment sites.
- Creation of clean, logical, well-documented and re-usable code.
- Creation of custom post types, and pages.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Produce error free code and contribute to improving codebase and standards.
- Keeping web properties up to date with latest SEO practices.
- Planning and implementing A/B tests.
- Experience creating conversion-driven sites and landing pages.
- Ensure sites are completed and launched within a set timeframe.
- Develop meaningful relationships and a deep understanding of the needs of existing customers.
- Handle support queries and complaints in a professional, orderly manner.
- Deliver excellent support at all times.
- Exercising analytical thinking and judgement.
- Follow all company regulations and policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be, and have:
- Minimum of two years’ experience with WordPress.
- Portfolio or examples of current WordPress designs and builds.
- Advanced knowledge of self-hosted WordPress Multisite.
- Must have created custom pages, themes and plugins.
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Knowledge of APIs, hooks, database structure, theme hierarchy, widget and plugin development.
- Experience integrating third-party applications and technologies using REST and SOAP APIs.
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etcetera.
- Proficiency in translating designs into well thought-out, accessibility-ready, responsive sites.
- Highly organised, ability to multitask and handle multiple intraday requests.
- Experience with GitHub source control in a team environment.
- Experience with Git source control in a team environment.
- Experience with WP-CLI Commands and Bash Scripts.
- Experience with New Relic monitoring for performance troubleshooting.
- Experience with DNS management.
- Experience with Vanilla, jQuery and React.
- Experience with Gutenberg Blocks, styling and creation.
- Experience with Elementor responsive and adaptive design is required.
- Experience with Blisk for responsive and adaptive design debugging.
- Reliable, strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
Our respect for diversity and inclusion:
We value and respect all differences in all people at our company. We strive to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future.
At our company, many of our staff work flexibly, and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.
You must sign in to apply for this position.