Welcome to our digital medium. These are our community standards and participation guidelines of this digital medium, which you may access in several ways, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, digital television, PDA, mobile cellphone and RSS feeds. In these community standards and participation guidelines, when we say the “AE Digital Medium” we mean the digital information network operated by or on behalf of Atmostfear Entertainment S.A.S. or its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively named as “AE”), regardless of how you access the network, as well as any AE Mobile Medium whether you access those via an AE Digital Medium or a third-party website. However, when you access the AE Digital Medium, you agree to be bound by these community standards and participation guidelines.
Through our AE Digital Medium, we collect various types of information about our users for these main reasons:
- To provide personalised and unique services to the individual user.
- To aid us to monitor and enhance the services we offer.
- To exchange advertising placement on our medium. This encourages us to keep the medium free for people who visit it.
- If we have permission from the user to market services to them.
- There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services that our AE Digital Medium provides. Please read these when you register or subscribe to these services through the AE Digital Medium.
01. Our principles
We do our very best to guard your privacy by adopting security technology appropriately. This means:
(i) we make sure that we have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information; and
(ii) we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen. We will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices, for example, we have boxes you need to tick if you want to receive marketing. However, we may email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration, your subscription account or publishings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage subscriptions.
We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
The AE Digital Medium is accessible via the internet. This means that people around the world who access AE Digital Medium can see anything you publish on the AE Digital Medium, for example, comments about an article.
If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under European Union law) being in place.
We collect information on you:
- when you register or become a member of the AE Digital Medium
- when you use the AE Digital Medium
- through browser cookies
- if you choose to reveal information in postings, and
- when you enter sales promotions and competitions
Certain services that we provide may involve us collecting extra information (membership, for example), such as where you are, so the service can be provided as designed. This may also apply to certain applications that you download, or which we provide.
The minimum information we need to register you is your name, email address and a password. We will ask you more questions about different services, including sales promotions. Unless we state otherwise, you have to answer all the registration questions.
We may also ask some other, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, professional organisations) so we can gain a clearer understanding of who you are. This also allows us to personalise services for you.
To assist us in our marketing, in addition to the data that you provide to us if you register, we may also obtain data from trusted third-parties to help us understand what you might be interested in. This “profiling” information is produced from a variety of sources, including publicly available data or from sources such as surveys and polls where you have given your permission for your data to be shared. You can choose not to have such data shared with the AE Digital Medium from these sources by logging into your account and changing the settings in the privacy section.
After you have registered, and with your permission, we may send you emails we think may interest you. Newsletters may be personalised based on what you have been reading on the AE Digital Medium. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to “unsubscribe.”
We offer an “Edit My Profile” page (also known as Dashboard), where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your marketing preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the AE Digital Medium – simply click on the “Edit My Details” hyperlink at the top of the screen, right upper corner, when you are signed in.
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organisations we have chosen carefully.
If you are an AE Digital Medium registered user and attend an event organised by an event partner, data may be shared for event administration purposes.
We can access and release personal information to keep relevant laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both us and our users.
Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these websites (or services available on the websites), some of whom may be based outside Europe.
Some of our web pages use plugins from other organisations (such as the “Facebook Recommend” function). These other organisations may use information about your visit to our AE Digital Medium on their pages. If you browse these pages while still also logged in to your account with us, and the information they collect may be connected to your account on their website. For more information on how these organisations use information, please read their privacy policies.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our AE Digital Medium. We collect information listing which of our pages and articles are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We use other organisations to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons, (information embedded in images which allow them to analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors).
- Placing cookies on your computer means we can show you advertising that you might be interested in and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been. Advertising helps us to keep the AE Digital Medium freemium for you to use.
- We may use “flash” cookies to store your preferences for your media player (for example, volume and so on). If we do not use them, you may not be able to watch some video content.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this, you may not be able to use all services on the AE Digital Medium and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we will not be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.